Friday, July 10, 2009

Stainless Doubletake... XCr and 953 SSR's

These 2 bikes were made for the same person, built with the same geometry and parts.
The only difference is in the tubing. Both are stainless steel. One is built with Columbus XCr tubing from Italy....
The other is built with Reynolds 953 tubing from England.

XCr above, 953 below. Indy Fab SSR's in either case.
EDGE 2.0 all carbon forks.
3t stem, seatpost and bars.
Sterling silver headbadge.
Multi colored hoods from Hudz.
Chris King headsets.
Mavic Open Pro rims, handbuilt with....
...Chris King Hubs.
All tied together with a Sram Red Gruppo.
Ride report from our (super sensitive) mystery tester to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a pair :)

Really looking forward to the test report.

Meanwhile, I've been enjoying both the ride and build quality on the Hampsten 953 you folks built for me - thanks for the great work on that.
Marco, in Toronto.

norm said...

yep --definitely looking forward to the ride report. The XCr chainstays look a little more sturdy (yet they *appear* to taper more agressively). I have no complaints about the sturdiness of my SSR chainstays, but I'm not a big leg power rider.

Anyhow, thanks for the views of these beautiful step-sister SSRs!

Flemming said...

My mouth is watering!

What weighs what!?

Unknown said...

Was there ever a ride report published?

Would love to know how 953 compared to XCR.

shafty101 said...

I see that this is a pretty old post, but I still would like to know the result. IF, what say you?