Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Independence

Deep in the heart of winter we in New England ponder escape.
Real escape, into a land of smooth, clean and endless roads
with a little hill here, a little hill there. We yearn to get packed
up with only the necessities and be ready for anything.

In our minds we imagine a long tour of the countryside,
surrounded by rolling green hills and trees full of leaves.
These are the thoughts that get us through,
and this is the bike we dream of riding.

An I.F. Independence all out touring bike outfitted with
front and rear Tubus racks and full coverage Honjo hand
hammered aluminum fenders.


The minimalist contact points to which the accessories
are attached to the frame make a rather complex build look
simple and create an overall feeling of a purposeful and
professional build.


Reinforcements go a long way towards securing your mobility in
the middle of nowhere. A busted waterbottle mount could really
put a damper on things so we gusset each one.

Sweet welds hold the whole thing together and smooth
paint shows them off, particularly this color: Delorey Green.



6 comments:

New England Bicyclist said...

This looks like my dream bike and it might even fit me! Let me know if it needs a good home - I will take it on tours to get it in shape.

Where do you get the new IF seat collar? I want one for my Club Racer.

Kathy Holwadel said...

This is the most beautiful bike I have ever seen in my entire life. Which is a good thing - because IF made it for me.

It's a work of art. And I can't wait to ride it.

Kathy Holwadel said...

Hey - it's 38 degrees Fahrenheit in Cincinnati today. Are you guys ever going to ship my bike or have you decided you like it so much you're keeping it forever?

Tim D. said...

Gorgeous.

Nick said...

http://www.argonautcycles.com/gallery_road.html

I like welds, and I like riding lugs. With all the sexy bikes in the world, I am reminded that we each have only a fixed number of days to ride, and am inspired by this fate.

Roxy said...

Beautiful! I'm also planning my next ride, plan to take some inspiration from this one. -R