Thursday, October 28, 2010

Club Racer :: EFM :: Life

I.F. employee Shawn "E.F.M." Estes has built himself a new Club Racer out of Columbus Life tubing. This frame features a secret bottle opener, safety oriented paint scheme and a painted to match pump.



Shawn opted to go with a single chainring up front, for now...


The parts consist of a blend of new and old robust componentry destined to be slayed by the long dark and salty winter commutes back and fourth between Somerville and Burlington.

This will be his new rainy day friend. All it needs is a name...

- t.e

6 comments:

Georges Rouan said...

Very cool feature- I always enjoy seeing what are the shop rides. Especially the commuter bikes- what a luxury to have such an amazing daily bike. Very jealous.

Dan O said...

Really nice.

I think the Club Racer is the coolest bike out of the IF line up. It also makes the most sense for most riders. A real world race bike.

Sweet.

George Swain said...

I love my Club Racer like a member of the family. I was in a nasty bike v. car crash this summer and the car won. After 24 broken bones and 3 surgeries and 6 weeks in the hospital, I'm well on the road to recovery. The frame is toast, though. The whole rear triangle is bent like a pretzel. When I get news on the insurance settlement my first call will be to IF to get a replacement frame into production.

New England Bicyclist said...

Beautiful paint job and nice build! I can appreciate the comfort and speed of a Club Racer for commuting. Just curious, with snow, sleet, and salt scheduled for the winter, why not go with stainless or Ti? The only thing I don't like about my club racer is having to deal with paint and then corrosion - I think I should have gone for Ti, if I could have had the same road feel. BTW I agree with Dan O, a club racer is a great choice for a lot of riders, myself included.

Unknown said...

Frozen Lime?

BUCK said...

Commuter bike for shitty weather.....how 'bout Bitch? Naaa she's too pretty for that. How 'bout Grue Bleen?