Friday, August 6, 2010

NYC Velo :: Summer 2010

While in NYC I had a chance to drop by one of our most super shops: NYC Velo.

Andrew (above) gave me a tour of the shop and their fit area and told me of some pretty grand plans of expansion and refinement. It looks so good now I can't even imagine how much better it's going to be.

They had some cool IFs on display, some mounted to the wall, some up on other displays and a super rad SSR in the lead mechanic Dave Sommerville's stand being built up. (nice last name, but I'm sure you get that a lot)


Throughout the shop was a host of vintage mountain bikes and iconic paraphernalia. Bikes from a not so distant past in pristine condition adorned the shop.



And of course... coffee. Fresh and delicious coffee.

Be sure to come and cheer on NYC Velo's own Dave Sommerville as he attempts to become: THE ‘FASTEST MECHANIC IN NYC on Thursday, August 26, 6:30pm, 352 Bowery (Rapha Cycle Club) NYC. Hope to see you there.

And, just for fun, check out the 5ive Points double interview with me and Gary at the NYC Velo blog: HERE.

3 comments:

Georges Rouan said...

The only shop that matters in NYC.

ShredParty said...

HOT lookin' Yo Eddy!

segment-a-licious!

Dan O said...

Cool shop.

I have a similar Yo Eddy hangin' in the garage, along with a '86 Fat.